SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER
The Edinburgh Collection has an eclectic group of Hotels with the boutique 5 Star Hotel, The Howard, 4 Star Boutique Hotel, Channings, 3 Star Prime City Centre Old Waverley Hotel and 4 Star Holyrood Aparthotel within central Edinburgh.
A full time Senior Management Position has arisen for a Group Sales & Marketing Manager based in Edinburgh. The role requires an experienced candidate of enthusiasm who will manage all activity related to the hotels sales & marketing functions with a focus on building direct bookings and long-term, value-based relationships that enable achievement of the property’s revenue objectives. The role also involves defining the online and offline Sales & Marketing strategies for the hotels in conjunction with Hotel General Manager/central support and executing this strategy to maximise the revenue for the accommodation, food and beverage and event departments.
• Previous knowledge and experience in a hotel or tourism sales role.
• Strong management, strategic and organisational skills.
• Experience in both online and offline sales and marketing activity including Digital Marketing, SEO, PPC, Social Media
• Strong communicator who can drive relationships and is comfortable building local networks to drive sales.
• A proven track record in negotiating rates and delivering sales growth
• Local and national market knowledge would be an advantage
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following on a day-to-day basis:
• Managing all Sales, Events and Business Development activity for the hotel
• Conducting sales research and sales activity telesales, site/hotel show rounds, entertaining, attending relevant trade shows, client evenings and fam trips to grow market share
• Participating in the preparation of the annual budget and business plan
• Managing and motivating the sales and events team to deliver on financial targets and customer satisfaction
• Maintaining up-to-date activity reports advising of new business and ongoing pipeline enquiries
• Analysing and reporting on market information.
This list of responsibilities is just an indication of the role and is not an exhaustive list. The successful candidate should be aware that they may also be responsible for completing other activities within the group. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, able to work unsupervised to reach set targets, have solid organisation skills to prioritise workload and excellent communication skills through email, telephone and in person. Experience within the hospitality sector advantageous but not essential. Key IT Skills required include Microsoft Word and Excel or equivalent.
This position is full time, five days out of seven, 40+ hours per week, may involve weekends and evenings. Salary dependent on experience.
We pride ourselves in ensuring our employees in The Edinburgh Collection feel like ‘part of the family’. We seek to employ friendly, bright & motivated individuals who ensure our guests receive the highest level of service at all times.
We also understand the importance of personal and team achievements – so let us help you every step of the way in your career.
Should you wish to submit your CV for any future openings please send this via email to:
T: 00 44 (0)131 560 2062